Find the product that's perfect for you
Make the smart choice — compare products before you buy.
- Find over 7,000 expert, unbiased product Ratings plus product comparisons, user reviews and more.
- Brand reliability information available on most appliances, home, and electronics products, as well as cars.
- Access Ratings through the new Consumer Reports Ratings mobile app - included with your ConsumerReports.org subscription!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I have to pay for a subscription?
Consumer Reports (CR) is an expert, independent, nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves. To maintain our independence and impartiality, we accept no outside advertising and no free samples and employ several hundred mystery shoppers and technical experts to buy and test the products we evaluate. Most of our funding comes from you, the subscriber.
What do I get for my subscription?
Unlimited access to ConsumerReports.org and our shopper apps. When you subscribe, you'll get unlimited access to articles and blog posts, as well as video, slide shows and other multimedia features - on the website, on the mobile site, and on our smartphone apps. Access includes ratings, reviews, expert buying advice, product comparisons, consumer user reviews, and product video clips for over 7,000 products including electronics, appliances, home & garden, cars, baby gear, and food products.
We Work for Consumers
- Experts you can trust
- No outside advertising and no free samples
- Independently testing products since 1936
- Over 7,000 products rated